profile : wolfgang artscapes



Wolfgang Glowacki, apart from being an international, multi award winning photographer whose photographs have been extensively published worldwide, is also a huge supporter of Tasmania’s stunning natural environment. This makes sense, as he spends his days traversing it (450km a year to be precise). Wolfgang produces breathtaking nature based photography, framed images, cards and books, all showcasing the beautiful Island of Tasmania and also demonstrating his obvious talent for composition and subject choice.

Do you have a day job, if so what is it? 
Full time photographer!

When did your business begin and why? 
I started my photography business 2004 after a close friend encouraged me to have a go at starting a stall at Salamanca market and my business has slowly expanded from that. I guess I never really intended to start a ‘Business’ as such but the Market stall lead to two galleries and a host of exhibitions that just seen to get busier every year.

Inspiration/design aesthetic? 
Because most of my work is nature based, the patterns, designs and textures are all created and inspired by nature.

Designers you admire? 
Other photographers I admire are Peter Dombrovskis, Chris Bell and Rob Blakers. Their work inspires me to always do better!

What is your favourite part of Tasmania? 
Hmmm it would have to be a tossup between, the Central Highlands and the Bay of Fires.

What do you love about what you do...and any little gripes or niggles?
I Love the freedom of working for myself and the times when I’m out in the wilderness on a perfect morning, eating my breakfast while taking in a beautiful landscape on a random Wednesday morning thinking, ”I wonder how the rest of the world is starting their day!”

What can our lovely customers expect to see you exhibiting? 
Some new and exciting images and framed print as well as my books and cards including my new book Wild Tasmania.

+ + + + + + +

Want to see who else will be at our November event? For more interviews with our exhibitors check out our look book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP