profile : burnished

Michelle Clark describes her design aesthetic as ‘simple, shiny, clean but just a little bit rough’. Her label Burnished is a stunning range of contemporary jewellery, a collection of special pieces that showcase a refreshing mixture of techniques and a sometimes unexpected merging of different metals and stones. The result…a range of jewels that while being gorgeously dainty and extremely wearable, are thoroughly different, and we think, pretty perfect.

Do you have a day job, if so what is it? 
No I do not have a day job. Jewellery designing and manufacturing is my full time occupation. I have previously worked in the tourism (guiding) and horticultural industries.

When did your business begin and why? 
I began making jewellery in 2003, I thoroughly love making jewellery and was lucky enough to be a part of a jewellery cooperative in Salamanca right from 2003 til 2012 which allowed me to develop my designs, skills and individuality.

Inspiration/design aesthetic? 
Simple, shiny, clean but just a little bit rough! My take on all things in Nature.

Designers you admire? 
There are many designers I admire, every time I head down to Salamanca I see new designers popping up! Any new designer inspires me, the fact they have come up with a unique idea in a sea of many. Painters I admire are Gustav Klimt and Piet Mondrian – their use of shapes, colours and composition in particular

What is your favourite part of Tasmania? 
Tasman Peninsula – all of it! So much beauty; the place and the people. What do you love about what you do...and any little gripes or niggles? I love that I can keep trying new things and have no restrictions – bar myself.. I don’t like making earring hooks! Once I have finished them though I am quite pleased!


What can our lovely customers expect to see you exhibiting? 
Customers can expect to see 3 ranges of handmade silver jewellery; poppy, circles and mess ranges, each piece being unique and lovingly made! Necklaces, leather cuffs, earrings (studs and hook), rings and cufflinks will be exhibited. I also have one off pieces, some with gold and pearls! I will be introducing new designs each market.

+ + + + + + +

Want to see who else will be at our September event? For more interviews with our exhibitors check out our look book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP