profile : miss haidee


We love how Miss Haidee designs are different to so many other children’s labels out there. We love how her designs are boutique, limited run, and made from recycled fabrics in Australia. We love how the clothes have a playfulness but are also classically cut and made to stand the test of time (or garden games, play equipment and kid’s birthday parties). Last but not least we love how they have a lovely vintage essence which makes all children look positively angelic!

Do you have a day job, if so what is it? 
Miss Haidee is a full time job for me.

When did your business begin and why? 
The Miss Haidee label started eight years ago with the birth of my first child Millie when my focus shifted from adult clothing to children’s. I wanted to create original dresses using recycled fabrics that are made in Australia.


Inspiration/design aesthetic? 
My children are my inspiration and by taking ideas from vintage patterns and magazines I try to create timeless classics that will hopefully be handed down from one child to the next. I take pleasure in the knowledge that many of my pieces are ‘one offs’ and mothers enjoy the fact their daughter is wearing something original.

Designers you admire?
Designers I admire are Easton Pearson, Gorman and many other’s who work on a smaller scale for the love of what they do.

What is your favourite part of Tasmania? 
I moved to Tasmania nearly two years ago with my family. Running my business from home in the sleepy town of Woodbridge where my husband runs the pub next door and we spend hours jumping off the jetty in our back yard into the pristine waters of the Channel.


What do you love about what you do...and any little gripes or niggles? 
My favourite part of what I do is the feedback and photos I get from the parents who enjoy the clothes as much if not more than their children. Running a business and raising a family is hard but it makes it all worth while. It helps having such a supporting husband!

+ + + + + + +

Want to see who else will be at our April event? For more interviews with our exhibitors check out our look book.

1 comment:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP