profile : rebecca roth

Rebecca Roth creates a series of contemporary designs in resin, with a focus on vibrancy and texture. Her handcrafted signature line of colourful jewellery is incredibly popular, and for good reason… with a palette that spans pretty much the entire colour spectrum, and a product range that includes staples to statemental, bold bright accessory lovers need look no further.

Do you have a day job, if so what is it? 
Designer, maker and Owner of Rebecca Roth Gallery.

When did your business begin and why? 
2006. Whilst on maternity leave I started a hobby in jewellery making. This grew over time and here I am today running a small business, oops!

Inspiration/design aesthetic?
My inspiration comes beaches, coastlines and foreshores. My new hobby is beachcombing for glass, stones and pebbles that I can mould and turn into new jewellery pieces. Colour inspiration also plays in a big part of what I do, I am often captivated by certain tones in nature.

Designers you admire? 
Georg Jensen and Florence Broadhurst.

What is your favourite part of Tasmania? 
It’s a secret, not well known by many!

What do you love about what you do...and any little gripes or niggles? 
I love that I work for myself. I love everything about what I do. I love the quiet time designing and making. I love meeting new people in my retail space. There are a few niggles that surround me in the busy times of the year, but nothing too bad.

What can our lovely customers expect to see you exhibiting? 
Bright contemporary designs in resin.

+ + + + + + +

Want to see who else will be at our July event? For more interviews with our exhibitors check out our look book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP