profile : little snoring

Possibly the cutest wares we’ve ever come across, Little Snoring products turn us all into panda loving, simpering sillies. While her homewares and clothing are super fun and gorgeously made, it is her tiny pocket pandas and endearingly snooty little French Poodles that really hit a nerve. Edwina Morris designs all her products with a good dose of whimsy and a fearless approach to colour. She also has the knack of constantly evolving and creating totally irresistible items that you just have to have.

Do you have a day job, if so what is it? 
I have worked in the film industry and event management over the years. I am currently a staff writer on KidStyleFile which is Australia’s leading website for baby and kids wear designers, fashion and style, and also work in Communications for Arts@Work.

When did your business begin and why? 
I started selling what I make about 3-4 years ago and am slowing building the business over time. I love making things and am always thinking of new things to design and create so having an outlet to sell the products and gather feedback is great fun and personally very satisfying.

Inspiration/design aesthetic? 
Eclectic, colourful, whimsical, sometimes odd, sometimes very classical. I try to keep things simple, but do like to combine colours and textures in an unexpected way.

Designers you admire? 
Anne Hubert, Alexander McQueen, Toshiyuki Fukuda, Alex Riggs and Czech animator Jan Svankmeyer but if I could be any other person in the world I would love to be Keith Johnson, buyer-at-large for Anthropologie. I love kidswear brands such as Zorro, Bobo Choses], Pale Cloud, Le Petit Lucas, plus tonnes more.

What is your favourite part of Tasmania? 
Bruny Island and the Channel.

What do you love about what you do...and any little gripes or niggles? 
I really like connecting with people, having a conversation about one of my products or something completely unrelated. Talking, meeting customers and watching them walk away with something that really appeals to them that I have made is a very lovely experience. On the downside I don’t really like filing or putting the washing away.

What can our lovely customers expect to see you exhibiting? 
Lots of new things plus some of my favourites from the past.

+ + + + + + +

Want to see who else will be at our July event? For more interviews with our exhibitors check out our look book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP