profile : little lari

Larissa Kemp is a part time fairy helper and a part time talented jeweller. Her cleverly crafted jewellery designs, sold under the Little Lari label, have a lovely freedom to them, and use a fun and refreshingly unexpected pairing of components. Our favourites are her cute as a button naughts and crosses earrings and dainty silver freeform brooches, they make perfect presents too, we might add.

Do you have a day job, if so what is it? 
Yes I do I work part time at The Faerie shop as a Faerie helper.

When did your business begin and why? 
I started making jewellery in 2005 and I started my Little Lari label in 2009. I started my label then because I think that’s when I found my groove, and made a range of jewellery that is still popular today.

Inspiration/design aesthetic? 
For inspiration I normally take that from nature, and from what scraps of metal are sitting on my workbench. My best ideas so far have come from what I have in front of me, and one of my many ideas floating around in my brain will find it’s way out. Ideas give me sleepless nights.

Designers you admire? 
Julie Blyfeild she is from Adelaide and an amazing silversmith.

What is your favourite part of Tasmania? 
Wow that’s a hard one can I have more than one? The east coast (broad I know but it is just beautiful) and the top of mount Wellington on a clear day, ooh and the west coast.


What do you love about what you do...and any little gripes or niggles? 
I love that I have the freedom to create and that I don’t have anyone telling me what to do. My little gripe would be that I work from home and I am the best procrastinator around!! Not a good mix.

What can our lovely customers expect to see you exhibiting? 
I will have my favorites there and I always try and pop in a few new pieces and some one off designs. 

+ + + + + + +

Want to see who else will be at our July event? For more interviews with our exhibitors check out our look book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP