stall holder profile:

Anna Weber from Gilded Pony



The lovely Anna Weber, from Gilded Pony, will be joining us for our December 13th market, with her very special handcrafted range of jewellery. Anna is a Hobart girl, though did a stint in Sydney, where she studied design at the University of Technology. Now back on the island, she is reveling in creating her unique and contemporary designs, at her Hobart studio in the Bank Arcade.

Her pieces are mostly made from Sterling Silver, often featuring gold, oxidised silver, pierced or etched patterns…..(VERY delicate and pretty!) While Anna’s materials and silhouettes are of a quirky and modern nature, Anna is inspired by natural elements, grasses, trees, leaves and the like. This combines to make her range strong but feminine, unique but still quite classic…we love it!

Also at the December Market, Anna will be introducing her brand new lighting range…HATCH. This stellar piece of work has been included in the top ten list for the Tasmanian Design Award, congratulations Anna! We look forward to seeing you and your special things in a few weeks time.



When and why did Gilded Pony begin?

Gilded Pony began a couple of years ago. I was wanting to give a name to a collection that I was working on in my spare time. For my work as a jeweller I wanted to create a number of different ranges. One range would be known under my name and the other would be more fun and accessible and therefore needed a brand that represented that. I took this range to Sydney for the Young Blood Designers Market at the Powerhouse Museum and at this point Gilded Pony was born.

What are your creations inspired by?

My creations are inspired by nature in a very fun and pictorial kind of way. I do a lot of etching into silver and piercing out of patterns that include leaves, birds and vines etc

What’s your favourite thing about what you do?

My favourite thing about what I do is now being able to push my jewellery and my new light shade label HATCH to a point where I can make full time. It would have to be one of the best things to get up for work every morning excited and passionate about what you do and look forward to what creations the day might hold.

Favourite colours/materials to work with?

At the moment I have a large focus on sterling silver for my Gilded Pony jewellery range with techniques like etching and imprinting onto the metal creating texture and interest. I have also been using some resin and enamel paints to add bit of colour. My lighting range is primarily timber veneers onto ply with Tasmanian timbers such as Myrtle, Blackwood and Tas Oak featuring. I will also be expanding the range into acrylic in the beginning of next year.

What can customers coming to the market expect to see at your stall?

Customers can expect fun sterling silver jewellery completely handcrafted by myself that would make a perfect small gift or there are also a number of special pieces to catch your eye. And as mentioned above my new light shade range HATCH in a variation of timbers that completely come apart and flat pack perfect for postage.

Personal favourite design in your range?

It is hard to pick a personal favourite design but I do enjoy the small etched studs which I have quite a few pairs of and I swap, mix and match each day as the fancy takes me. Also as my lighting range is brand new I am particularly excited about it and look forward to seeing what kind of response they get.



No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP